Sunday, November 18, 2018

6th Annual Home For The Holidays Show...

Another show come and gone, this was my fourth and finally, my last.
 
Show was large, I believe we had more vendors this year than in any years past, a lot more direct sales than we have had in the past, sadly not as many crafters but we had some pretty great food vendors!
 
There was good turn out traffic wise, with five crafters in our booth, it was a nice mix. I am kicking myself for not getting a picture of the final booth set up from Saturday morning. The pictures below are from Friday night, so it was missing he final things my friend Kim (Bean and Betty) brought in, our knitter and her lovely scarves and throw blankets and the last few things I slammed together Friday night. The booth looked amazing and was very full by the time the show opened Saturday morning. I was really tickled.
 




 
My mom made these darling pot holders and bowl holders, they sold like hot cakes, but she still had some left over.
 
 
I loved how my trees turned out, two of the big ones sold and one of the three tiny trees. I whipped the tiny trees together Friday night after I got home from setting up the booth, I was also up hammering more Succulent themed spoons as they go so well with Kim's concrete planters.
 


 
The signs, and planter boxes with the vintage labels did not sell, well one did to a friend of mine. The two tiny trees that did not sell and the big tree above I am keeping, the rest of the trees as well as the remaining ornaments are already at the Basement, hoping they will sell there.
 
I managed to walk away with only one purchase for the day, and it was from my own booth.
 
 
 Yup, I had to have this creation of  Kim's. Candle holder, vintage coffee filter in a concrete base. I am a candle junkie and this cute creation just had to come home with me.
 
Sales were very slow for me this year, I suspect it is because my stock is available year round at the Basement, which is why I will not be participating next year, but I will certainly continue to sell at the Basement, but does that mean that I am finished doing shows all together?
 
Nope!
 
Although I have been back and forth about that for some time now,  it turns out so has my friend Kim. These shows are a lot of work, but they are easier and a lot more fun with a partner. So we have decided to partner up and work a couple shows in Nashville together. Our stock works well together and it is always easier to work a booth with a partner, especially one who is as fun and inspirational as Kim, and when your stock blends so well together. I think the partnership is just what we both needed to spark some new inspiration and ideas! Not to mention it will bring the fun we have both been missing back into the creative process and shows. We think we will find a lot of interest at a pop up show that happens in Hillsboro Village in Nashville every few months. But more to come on that as we get closer to that show.
 
Until then, I am going to keep hammering away and hitting some new junk shops wit Kim looking for collaboration inspiration and more treasures for myself!
 
So stay tuned to see what creations Bean and Betty with My Hobby can come up with next!
 
Looking forward to the holidays! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment