Sunday, November 25, 2018

Flea Markets and Antique Shops......

Another Thanksgiving come and gone, I hope yours was as lovely as mine was!
 
And another Black Friday come and gone, I hope yours was a relaxing as mine was. Mine was lovely because I hit the Nashville flea market and not the local malls!
 
Attendance was pretty light at the Flea on Friday, lighter than in years past (vendors and shoppers alike) which was great for me, but continued sad news for the market in general. I was able to leisurely stroll through and look at everything. Between the Flea Market and shopping on Small Business Saturday, I managed to make out with a nice little haul!
 
I did break down and buy some more spoons for any upcoming projects with Bean and Betty (My friend Kim). These actually came from a different vendor than I usually buy from, same price and they do not look like they have been used in a crack house. The cute little strawberry dish cloth was a small business Saturday find from one of the local antique shops that I don't stop into nearly often enough.
 
 
A couple more things for joint Bean and Betty projects, I think the tea strainer and funnel will both make a darling tea light/candle holders. Not sure what to do with the aluminum scoops, but I will think of something!
 
 
And more aluminum, this film canister caught my eye as I strolled through on my visit to the Basement on Small Business Saturday.  Not sure what I will use it for yet, but it is really cute!
 
 
I found some great bowls a well, I can never say no to a new bowl.
 Especially when it is a "Grail" piece like the blue Pyrex stripe. I had found a couple pink Pyrex stripe bowls but at 45.00....I decided to pass. The blue I thought was a splurge but still good price at 20.00.
 
 
And I could not pass up the Chalet bowl! Especially not at 5.00!
 
 
This divided Fire King Baby plate was an Ebay find, not a bad price, I think I paid around 12.00 including shipping. The cute milk glass salt shaker and spice jar? Well, those are my shame. I did not look closely enough at them when I bought them, I loved the cute flower  and gorgeous cherries design on them. Had I looked closer, I may have noticed that they were probably temporary decals someone carefully glued on. The decals immediately fell off as soon as I tried to wash them. Grumble....take you time and inspect your purchase before you pay! I way overpaid for them, lesson learned.
 
 
My pink scores! The pink Fire King mug is possibly my favorite flea market find! And the cranberry Pyrex bowl, Small business Saturday find. I love the shape and size, I have another in the same size and use it often, it is nice to have two now!
 
 
And last, but certainly not least, more random swig glasses. The Baby animal swigs were a great buy from one of my favorite dealers at the Nashville flea, the rooster? I passed on him last month, saw him still sitting there this month and decided to grab him. My daughter has been wearing the rooster glass out since I brought it home last month, so I suspect the second one will get just as much use.

 
Such a fun weekend with lots of great food, fun shopping and plenty of time for relaxing!
 
This week, aside from jumping into Christmas shopping, I am brainstorming for some new craft projects, I hope to have something to share with you next weekend!
 
Until then! Have a great week!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment