Sunday, January 20, 2019

Frankenglass.....

You remember my broken Jadeite McKee custard cup? Well, I gave my solder idea a go. And.....well, we have Frankenglass.



BUT...I feel like I am on to something and I still think this is a fun idea and a viable "rescue it" option,  it is my Soldering technique that is lacking.
 
Practice makes perfect right?
 
I have more to practice on, lets see how the next one turns out!
 
But until then, lets talk about how tenacity and impulse shopping work together.
 
First, a word on being tenacious. I have a belief that all things on my thrift list I will ever want will eventually come through one of my three main vintage hunting venues, my favorite indoor flea market, the Nashville flea market and Ebay. 
 
On ebay I have a list of searches that I do every..single..night..without fail.
 
Sometimes it works out really well, like this time. I jumped into bed one night this week and immediately dove into my Ebay searches. One of the first searches I do is for Enid Collins Box Bags. And this time I scored. I don't think it had been listed now, a buy it now that was reasonably priced for a change. 25.00 plus shipping...and I love it!
 
Second, the "I gotta have it impulse" Buy it now? Why yes, I sure will, come on! It has acorns on it!! Why I am I so into acorns lately?
 
 
Love, love!
 


 
Seems that lately, Ebay is the only antiquing that I have been doing. That time of year I guess.
 
What else I have been doing is making the most of my "Hobbit time" I finally found THE most perfect chewy molasses cookie recipe. My husband is asking me not to make them often because he cannot stay out of them and neither can I. They are THAT good. Pinterest win.
 
 
And during my run to Trader Joes, I had to grab some gorgeous roses, It think I could be perfectly happy with just the eucalyptus. Smells so good!
 
 
Maybe I will drag myself out to the Nashville Flea market next weekend, or even hit an antique store or two. Maybe even find a NEW antique/thrift store to explore next weekend...and adventurous Hobbit am I.
 
Hope you have a wonderful week full of happy adventures!
 
 

1 comment: