Sunday, August 20, 2017

Moving right along....

I may have been quiet lately, but I have not been idle!
 
A couple weeks back a friend of mine that runs the holiday craft show at our local community center each November and who was also one of the main organizers of the Farmisan Market, asked me to join her and a few other crafters in their booth at a new local shop called "The Basement" of course I agreed.
 
I have a lot of herb spoon stock already prepared, but only a few sentiment spoons. Which, I think I have decided is ok. I have decided to keep the herb spoons as my standard year round stock, but the sentiment spoons offered will be more seasonal, maybe a few of the best sellers will be out year round, but otherwise, I will stick to a more seasonal rotation.
 
One of the "newer" ways I have decided to use the sentiment spoons in a more seasonal format is by incorporating them into signs and wreaths. I don't know about you, but people around here love, and I do mean love their signs and wreaths.
 
So I figured out a way to blend what people want with what I make!
 
My button flowers are being attached to a cute hay wreath, and I will also attach a Fall theme sentiment spoon with a burlap bow...now to figure out what fall theme quote to hammer out.
 
That should not be too difficult.
 
 
So back to hammering and creating I go, hopefully taking lessons learned and curating my stock in a better way so I do not get so burned out again!
 
 
Finding new ways to present my stock has helped to revitalize my creative juices a bit!
 
Hope to have more than one finished project to show you next week!!
 
Have a great week and if you live in the path of tomorrows Eclipse, have fun, but be safe!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment