Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Enter the month of the Hobbit...

January.
I remember a long time ago I used to hate January. Cold, dark, boring.  I would dread it.
 
But now?
Nope, love January. It is my month to be a Hobbit, enjoy being at home, planning my garden for this Spring, being quiet and recharging. Last year we ended up having a pretty busy January so I did not get my month of quiet and relaxation. But this year, I am fully committed to a full month of quiet weekends at home spent reading, watching old movies, cooking, doing a  little home organizing and maybe...just maybe a little crafting. I have decided to keep selling at least my spoons at "The Basement" in Mt. Juliet, so a little hammering just may take place.
 
But first, our first January weekend in was wonderful! Errands run during the week, I rolled into the driveway Friday night and did not leave again until Monday morning.
 
What did we do stuck inside all weekend?
 
Cook.
 
Kicked off with Banana muffins for breakfast Saturday.
 
 
Then tried a new Egg Drop Soup recipe with Crab Rangoon eggrolls for lunch. Both Pinterest wins, so good!
 
 
How about some Vanilla Pudding Chocolate chip cookies for a sweet treat? Another Pinterest win. WOW, best chocolate chip cookies ever!
 
 
And last, but not least, Orange Curd. Wonderful flavor....but kind of a funky texture, more like a thick sticky syrup. But very pretty!
 
 
So, what is up for this weekend? Bread. Pheasant bread and German pretzels planned so far! After January month of the Hobbit...I will probably have to do February month of salads and yoga.
 
But we will worry about that next month!
 
 
I swear all the  "Bruno in his chair" pictures are all taken at different times on different days. Spoiled boy loves his chair and really enjoys being home with us during the month of the Hobbit!
 
Hope you are enjoying a peaceful quiet start of the year.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. all those things sooo yummy! Meatloaf is so cute in the chair

    ReplyDelete