Saturday, November 10, 2018

A little light flea marketing.....

Although I was in high production mode preparing for the "Home for Holidays" show this weekend, there was still no stopping me from hitting the October Nashville Flea Market. Although it was wet and cold weather did not deter me, but sadly, I really did not find much.
 
My beloved Flea Market has been the subject of some major controversy the last year or so because the City of Nashville is building a new major league soccer stadium, where are they building it? Only the current location of the Flea Market. Long story short, the Flea Market is getting the very short end of the stick with this new development and many vendors are already bailing. I fear the Flea market as I know and love it, is not long for this world and I will miss it.
 
With that said, until they shut it down, I will keep going, and if I am lucky I will keep finding treasures, even if it is getting harder and harder to find them.
 
So what did I find?
 
Well....a couple things. The least popular find the day? This Sevres Robin pitcher. I love it, my family thinks it is like my creepy chalk ware yard pets...it got a big thumbs down.
 
I still think its cute.

 
A large BC comics bowl. The big one. 5.00, I grabbed it.
 
 
This random mix of glasses that I ended up buying because the cute little brass chicks had to come home with me and the vendor did not have change for a 5.00
 
 
These little buggers are HEAVY!

 
This "Beauty Consultant" milk glass jar jumped out at me, why? I don't know, but for a buck, who cares. Its kind of cool.
 
 
And that is all, not a big haul. Not half the vendors the October show usually draws, although the weather may have driven a lot of them off, more so than the issues with the city.
 
I will have to tell you more about the 6th annual Home for the holidays show later this week, because I am worn out after today. I put in a lot of extra time to have a bit more variety of stock. and I was pretty happy with what I finished!
 
Loved the way the boxes turned out!
 
 
I was very pleased with the trees.
 
 
And my husband was able to help me save the gorilla glue disaster signs.
 
 
Of course I had to do another WT Fork..
 
 
And of course, ornaments.
 
 
How did they sell? Well, I will tell you about that next time. Because right now, I am heading for a hot shower and bed.
 
But before I go, I do have one more fun find to show you, ok two. One, this wood Acorn box. Another one of those late night Ebay finds that I stumbled across, fell madly in obsession with and had to have. I love it by the way, I regret nothing.
 
 
 
The cute vintage butter press is another find from my Mother in Laws home. We are pretty sure it came from her mothers home, no idea how old it is, but it is old and I love it!
 
Off to bed I go...hope you have had a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment