Sunday, March 25, 2018

Odds "n" Ends

Saturday morning, I set my alarm with the hope of being able to hit the Nashville flea market, the weather channel changed the forecast so many times during the week, I decided that I would just have to accept the fact that I would not actually know if I could go until I got up out of bed on Saturday morning. Lucky for me the forecast went from rain all morning and thunderstorms all afternoon, to cloudy with thunderstorms in the afternoon.
 
We did get thunderstorms...sort of...after 11:00 PM.
 
I swear, forecasting the weather is the only job that you can do, never get right, but never get fired for it. Geez....
 
Anyway...not a lot of vendors, I am sure the weather scared some off, it was cloudy and cold, but still a very pleasant morning to stroll around outside looking for treasures.
 
I came out with a couple fun things.
 
Some odd Hazel Atlas pieces.
 
 
I love the little custard cup.
 
It was a bowl day...Fire King Kimberly bowls, the green replaced one my son broke and since I have several of the gold mugs, I thought I would grab a gold bowl as well.
 
 
A darling Hazel Atlas Ivy bowl.
 
 
A Fire King Blue Azurite mixing bowl, this is for my daughter, she loves the Blue Azurite and is getting quite a little collection going.
 
 
A couple weeks ago I picked up this cute box at my favorite indoor flea market, I gave it a light sanding and stain, love how it brought the wood back to life.
 
 
So beautiful.
 
 
And an Ebay purchase. I have been working on getting the Hazel Atlas Opal alphabet animal tumblers collected, and I found the horse, decent price!
 

 
Three out of four! Sadly, the fourth, "D is for Duckling" will probably be the most difficult to find, seems to be the most rare of the set.
 
 
But that is ok, I am in it for the long haul!
 
I did manage to get some work done on my house number blocks. All sanded and stained, I should be able to attach the letters sometime this week, so hopefully I can show you how they turned out next week.
 
Hope you have a great week!
 
 

1 comment: