Monday, April 9, 2018

Knocking those Spring projects out....

We are not having the prettiest Spring. But looking at the weather channel, is anybody having a pretty Spring?

I have decided that this is not a bad thing because since it is so cold and nasty, we are having no problem throwing on our coats and working outside on yard cleanup and projects. I am sure that once it does warm up, I will be so happy to have my front porch complete and my she shack back together. 

First project to finish up, the address blocks!

Leftover wood from our front port column project, I just thought they would be fun as address blocks. Love how they turned out! I think they are just a fun kind of funky addition to the porch.


Originally I had painted our front porch shutters as part of the make over, I was not thrilled about painting them because I really wanted new wood shutters, but I was not willing to spend the 500+ to buy them. But once I painted the shutters what turned out to be a painful garish raspberry color (oh so NOT the Oxblood I had picked out~bad paint mixing I think) my husband decided, yup, he can build wood shutters. The style I wanted was very simple, and he was able to make them very quickly and easily for a grand total of 50.00. Much better than the original price estimate. I stained them this past weekend and we should have them up this week. Cannot wait. All that is left is staining the columns and a good pressure wash and I will be able to do the fun decorating part and the front porch will be finished and ready for Spring!


Surprisingly, the continued cold weather has not really bothered me for some reason. I am still content wearing my hoodies and baking muffins. But what is bugging me is that my poor violets are taking a beating. They keep trying to come back, but after two nights of hard freezes, I counted myself lucky to be able to salvage a nice little bundle. I like to get at least one good violet picture each Spring!


And my poor tomato seedlings.....they are surviving and looking pretty good, but, they are looking pretty wild and squiggly, they need some good sunshine so they will stand up straight! But I am excited at the prospect of having some beautiful tomatoes this summer!


The other thing about the weather staying cool, I don't feel bad spending time inside at my favorite indoor flea market, made a couple trips......more on that soon!

Hope you are keeping warm and looking forward to when we finally get some nice Spring weather!

1 comment: