Sunday, October 14, 2018

If at first you don't succeed...change the plan.

Sitting at work Wednesday, I had an idea just pop into my head.
 
I love it when that happens.
 
The rectangular herb boxes that never sold? I thought, how great would they look with a vintage fruit/vegetable label slapped on front? Off to Ebay I go and I was thrilled with the selection and prices I found.
 
I still have one more coming in the mail...it may not make it to the market, I may have to keep it!
 
 
 Love the tomato..

 
The labels look amazing on the stained wood.

 
Yes, they are originals, and yes I am looking at scanning them and saving the originals. Office Max here I come.
 
I am also looking at vintage Christmas postcards to put on the smaller boxes with the Christmas trees...loving that idea.
 
I also did a little bit of flea marketing. Found a couple things. I am not having a lot of luck lately. But I keep trying!
 
I loved this fish! And thought it would go very well with the frog I found a couple months ago. So funny, I looked for one of these for years and have found two that compliment each other just in the last couple months!
 

 
Too bad I am not one to use sponges...oh well, they are still cute on the counter.
 
I found another chip/dip. Makes two for me. I think I will have to try the recipe on this one!
 
 
Loved this for my husbands ashtrays and the couple old pipes we have.
 
 
I thought this box was kinda cool, not sure what it was originally used for, not sure what I am going to use it for, but I liked it!
 
 
 
 Two more Hazel Atlas creamers, same color that I already have...for .50 each, I grabbed them and they are bound for Ebay.


Autumn has finally decided begin...I think. At least the A/C is off and I can wear a sweatshirt without actually sweating. We did a quick run to the Nashville Farmers market and came away with a bunch of pumpkins and gourds, having a lot of fun with them!

 
Back to hammering this week. I put off the garden sentiment spoons and jumped right into Christmas ornaments. Preparations are coming along pretty well, with any luck I will be ready ahead of schedule!
 
Hope  you are getting to enjoy some cool Fall weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment