Monday, December 8, 2014

I guess I lied a little

I remember back in July saying that I did not like a lot of vintage Christmas and how the creepy elves/Santas and dwarves did nothing for me.

Well, I decorated the house for Christmas this past weekend and realized... I have not one, but three sets of creepy dwarf like 1960's paper mache character sets.



These are the guys that started it all. They have been with me my entire life. I have no idea where or why my Mom got them, but I have always LOVED them and snapped them up when she purged her old Christmas decorations. I do not think they are in the slightest bit creepy.

These guys on the other hand...well...I collected these all on my own. And yes...they are a bit creepy. But they do grow on you....I guess.


OMG...I just realized behind the dwarves I have some bible book of my husbands sitting right next to "stop dressing your six year old like a skank" if a psychologist ever looked at the books on my book shelf I would probably be forced into an institution. 


What was I thinking?

Oh well, the kids seem to like them.

I was so excited to get my ceramic trees out! I just love them!







At first I thought I was satisfied with my collection, no need for more. But, after getting them all out, well...I may need to add one or two more...maybe three.

Elf on the Shelf is in full swing...I like the adult version of Elf on the shelf better. But my daughter asked to behave myself this year and not do any naughty Elf pictures and post them on facebook. Now that I think about it, I never did actually promise that I would not do it :)

Hope your week is off to a fantastic start!

No comments:

Post a Comment