Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Feeling like hibernating

Never fails, this time of year when it starts to get cold, I find I want to head for home and stay there. 


We have had two light snowfalls already here in Middle TN, as much as I dislike snow, it is beautiful and I could not stop myself from snapping a picture of these beautiful leaves outside the front door of my office building. They were so pretty dusted with the snow.

I love crafting on a cold rainy day as well. this past weekend my daughter and I sat down and did some Christmas crafts. We have been seeing the darling scenes people are creating in  jars and we thought it would be fun to give it a try. I had a small stash of different jars set aside for crafting and after a quick run into Hobby Lobby, I had everything we needed to make our little creations.


These little cars with the Christmas trees have to be my favorite.


Such a fun and simple craft. My ten year old daughter sat for close to three hours happily arranging and re arranging before she settled on a design and put it together. She is very proud of her creations and so am I. I really love the two deer in the oyster shell as well, We may have to make a couple more of those for my oyster loving friends.

I did get out for a bit of "Black Friday" shopping. Well, at least the only kind I do, the Flea Market. We headed over to my favorite indoor flea market just to see what we could find. I have had my eye on this little jam pot for months, I have picked it up, wrinkled my nose when I saw that it was still not priced, and put it back down basically because I was just to lazy to be bothered to ask the price, well I am glad I stopped being lazy, it came home with me for 4.00. It is unmarked, probably Japanese, but it will look adorable with my miss matched vintage pink rose dishes. I loved that I have several tiny spoons that fit into it perfectly!


Now that Thanksgiving is past, I am excited to get all my vintage ceramic Christmas trees out and start watching all my favorite Christmas movies! I could watch Holiday Inn, White Christmas and Christmas in Connecticut over and over again!

Hope your having a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment