Sunday, December 28, 2014

Where did the time go?

Wow, did not mean to take that two week blogging vacation! But, these last couple weeks prior to Christmas were pretty busy. But we made it, got everything that needed to be done, done. Christmas cards mailed and food prepared. We all had a wonderful Christmas and I hope you did as well!

But now...back to it!

A couple weeks ago, before the Christmas craziness rolled in I made a quick run into my favorite indoor flea market. Not a lot to be found, but I did run across a vintage sewing box. In decent shape and reasonably priced, I decided to grab it and fix it up.

Now...why another sewing box? This makes my fourth sewing box and I do not sew. Funny huh? But, I do have some kind of fixation on sewing boxes. I have a small darling princess sewing box, probably from the 40's that I use as a charging station. It has the perfect ledge for setting phones and ipads on as they charge. Another larger one, I keep by my bedside and my android tablet lives in there. The third, well I just loved the shape and I keep it in my kitchen, it is empty right now, but I am sure I will find a purpose for it. 

Of course when I saw this one I had no idea what I would use it for, but, after cleaning it up, I find that it makes the perfect home for my camera and all the equipment that goes with it.

It needed a little love.


But not too much, After sanding it down I found some serious cracks in the wood, serious, but reparable.



there were some old patterns left inside, I loved the graphics, but gave them to my mother, who does sew, to look over and see if she thought she might be able to use them.



It came with some ugly glass knobs, obviously not original to the piece, I found some pretty brushed brass that are hopefully closer to what was originally on it.



And here it is, cleaned up, sanded, stained and filled with my camera equipment.

I love putting old pieces like this to new uses, and I am very happy with how it looks in my living room, now, maybe I will not misplace my camera so often now that is has a home.

Now, to find a use for this one!


Oh but it is so pretty! I just love it!

I hope everyone had a wonderful long Christmas weekend! Now onto New Years! I have to admit, It is my favorite of the two! I have a nice four day weekend for New Years and am so looking forward to it!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment