Sunday, October 22, 2017

High Gear.....

I have officially kicked it into high gear to get ready for the Home for the Holidays craft fair on November 4th.
 
This week I managed to finish all the herb markers I needed for my basic stock. Hammered myself a new blister I did....
 

Got a several more pallet pieces stained and ready to be made into sentiment spoon signs, I am thinking these will have a Christmas theme. Maybe some snowflakes? Hummm..Love this part of project planning.
 
 
I went ahead and made another bird feeder and candle holder.
 
 
Look at this tiny late blooming wood violet I found! I never see them bloom in the fall!
 
 
While I had the red stain out, I finished off my acorns. I am very happy with the end result. I think they look better in person.
 
 
And I finally got around to tweaking the drop cloth slip cover for the couch. I decided not to get the furniture recovered until Spring since I do not want to be without furniture over the holidays while it is getting recovered and I figured it would be a couple weeks job, but I could not stand the way the slip cover I bought at Old Time Pottery fit, so a couple drop cloths and some creative folding  ad tucking solved the problem. I can live with this until after Christmas.
 
 
Don't worry about the Pug, he looks dead...but he is fine.
 
 
I am really happy with how this room is coming along.
 
I think I am in pretty good shape for the show, a lot done last week and this weekend means I will still be able to hit the Nashville flea market next weekend! I am actually amazed at how much more time I have in the evenings now that my commute is shorter, not sure if I mentioned that but my company built a new building and moved most of the departments almost 14 miles closer to my home. I went from a minimum hour and twenty minute commute one way to about a 40 minute commute one way...all gorgeous low traffic back roads and over the lake, no more highway for me! I am so thankful for the shorter commute, it is no secret that drive was burning me out big time.
 
So I should have more to show you next week! With my extra evening time I am going to be furiously hammering and crafting sentiment spoons and signs all week long!
 
Hope you have a wonderful week!
 
 

1 comment: