Sunday, November 26, 2017

More flea market finds!

November Flea market has come and gone. I am lucky that my company is closed both Thursday and Friday for Thanksgiving so while everyone else was hitting Black Friday sales....I was hitting the Nashville flea.
 
I think I got the better deal...certainly nicer people to shop with.
 
Although a lot of my regular vendors were not there, I still managed to find a few things to come home with me.
 
The most squeal worthy find of the day, Hazel Atlas Range set, mint condition. An unbelievable 15.00 for the entire set. Caps are missing, but I know I can replace those pretty easily.
 


And I have been looking for something purple to use as a vase with my Jadeite Restaurant ware. This beautiful old jar fit the bill nicely!
 

 
Love how it looks!
 
This vendor always has a great selection of vintage bottles, and this little blue bottle had to come home with me as well!
 
 
But as much as I loved the beautiful bottles and Range set. The copy of "The Wizard of Oz" from 1954 is probably my favorite find of the day. I have been looking for one for years. A couple scribbles, but nothing that ruins the book, and for 3.00, I can handle a couple scribbles.
 
 
Another cool book from the same vendor. I love the cover, so beautiful!
 
 
Already at home on my mantle. Love it!
 
That was pretty much it for the Flea Market, but since Saturday was "Small Business Saturday" we stopped into a few local places. An antique store just down the road from my home, The Basement and a local bakery. Love shopping small.
 
And love what I found! Yes another Enid Collins box bag, great shape, only missing one bead and pristine on the inside. 12.00, you bet I grabbed it.
 

  1. And another Jadeite restaurant ware chili bowl at the Basement 12.00, and a second one my step daughter picked up for me!
 
And....I have been out Ebay shopping a well...a couple scores, one, yes....another Enid Collins box bag. It needs some love, but the price was right and I love it! So cute!
 


And yes, my obsession with vintage children's dishes keeps up. I have watched for one of these for ever, always too expensive, 18.00 and up, but for under 10.00 including shipping I will take that deal.
 
 
I was happy to walk into Whole Foods on Saturday morning and find that the Satsuma's are in season, seems a bit early this year but I am not complaining, I love these wonderful little gems!
 
 
They are so beautiful, I had to do a mini photo shoot. So gorgeous!
 
 
 
Looking forward to eating a lot of these beauties this month!
 
Hope you enjoyed a long holiday weekend!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment