Sunday, November 5, 2017

October Nashville Flea market and Home for the Holidays....

I guess I could have broken this up into two posts...but honestly I don't have a lot to say about the Home for the holidays show.
 
Not that it was a total bust, it was fine, but we had some obstacles. First off, we were a week earlier than usual due to some scheduling issues with the community center, which meant that a lot of vendors could not be there because they were booked into one of the many School craft shows going on in our general area that are always scheduled for the first weekend in November. Yup, this was a BIG Church and school craft market weekend. So, double hit on vendors and customers. Still, I did ok bringing in over a hundred. But I usually clear over 200.00 for this show, so...kinda a bummer.
 
I did have all my usual stock, but to be honest, I was just not into it this year. My enthusiasm was way down.
 
 
I definitely need to step back for awhile and think about my next steps.
 

Christmas ornaments did sell better this year!

 
Some stuff still is not moving...
 

 
As always I really enjoyed chatting with fellow vendors and DANG we had some good food! BBQ, Bundt Cakes and the most amazing kettle corn!
 
 So, excuse my whining, I did have some fun.
 
But now what? Finished with my last big show for the year and still have plenty of stock for the booth at the Basement, not sure what next year will bring, one thing for sure though...I am going to keep thrifting! I enjoyed hitting the October Nashville flea market. Did not walk out with a ton, but really enjoyed my finds!
 
Not sure what is my favorite find is, but I do love the Jadeite measuring cups. Although, I admit, I am not 100% sure they are not reproductions, I just don't now very much about them to tell the real from the fakes.
 
 
I passed on this bottle last month, I decided since it was still there, maybe it needed to come home with me.
 
 
Knoxville milk company this time!
 
I was obviously on a bit of a bottle kick.
 
 
Love these beautiful old bottles.
 
And I am still on a vintage children's kick. I grabbed this Hazel Atlas children's tea set creamer for 2.00. I saw several of the same one on line for more than 12.00. Why??
 
 
My daughter found these darling tiny cordial glasses.
 
 
And who can pass up a bowl for a buck?
 
 
These cute little deer were a Goodwill find, ran in there super quick Friday night looking for bargains on Jeans for my Son...score for both of us!
 
 
So what is next for me? Not sure yet. But I can tell you one thing, I am going to spend the next two months enjoying the holidays. I plan to enjoy the last two Nashville Flea Markets of the year, Thanksgiving prep and Christmas shopping and most of all New Years! And I am going to stick to my January off this year! A month of relaxing and recharging after really taking time to enjoy the holidays may be just what I need.
 
But keep checking back in, you know I cannot stop thrifting or crafting. Even though I do plan to spend plenty of time in the next few weeks sitting on the couch with a book my Ipad and my best buddy!
 
 
Have a great week!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment