Sunday, August 5, 2018

Another hiatus seems to have occurred.....

I honestly had no intention of taking so long in between posts!
 
It is not that I have not been hammering or buying more flatware (I have) and not that I have not been hitting the thrifts or the flea market, I certainly have, and it is not that I have not been working on any  projects, I sure have, but I guess things just kind of got away from me.
 
First off, I started a new job. It was time, between the long commute and the increasing work load, it was burning me out, with no chance of anything changing in the future of that job, I decided it was time to go. I was thrilled to find a position back on my side of town doing a job I really enjoy. Plus, with the location of my new office, I am right back near my favorite thrift shops! Now I can hit them on my lunch hour again! Woot!
 
I still need to get some pictures of my recent thrift and flea market finds, hopefully I can get to that this week. So, what can I share? I have been working on a project for my Mothers "reading room" at her house, basically a big collage of snapshots of some fun vintage books that we have collected over the years. I have the pictures taken and printed, now we just have to assemble.
 











I enjoyed taking pictures of some of my favorite books, and am excited to see the project all put together!
 
I have also been on a mission to get a decent picture of a hummingbird this year, getting closer! This beautiful boy comes to visit my feeder often! He is gorgeous!

 
So now that I am bouncing back from the brink of exhaustion and working close to home again, I will be making it a priority to get caught up on getting pictures of the new stock I am bringing to the Basement, and all my thrifting treasures from the last couple months! Also, it certainly is not too early to start thinking about the holiday craft shows! And I sure need to get hammering for that!
 
Talk again soon! I promise!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment