Sunday, August 26, 2018

Sometimes you need a kick in the pants.....

For the last 18 months  or so, I have been struggling to be creative and keep my little blog and micro business going. A super busy, high stress job and long difficult commute were the biggest drain on my time and energy, really wore me down and made it difficult for me to spend time working on new product and ideas, I would get spurts of energy, but could not seem to keep the momentum going. But now one month into the new job with a much shorter commute, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. But I still have not been creative. I sometimes need a kick in the pants to get me moving. Well, I got that kick, decided to go ahead and participate in the Home for the Holidays show in November, will be my fourth year and I am pretty excited about it.
 
It will be back on our usual weekend (November 10th) my mom and my friend Kim, (who makes amazing concrete planters and wine chillers) along with several other crafters are going to join me in the booth.  Should be a fun event, and it was just what I needed to get me going again.
 
So when I hit the Nashville _Flea Market this weekend, you know what I came home with!
 
 
And not much more!
 
August is a toss up month for me, If I did not need the flatware in my stash, I may not have bothered, There was not much to be found. Other than the spoons, I only came home with a couple treasures.
 
I almost passed on these salt and pepper shakers because the vendor was beyond rude, So rude in fact that I will not shop his booth again.
 
 
And this scrapbook (empty) probably circa 1940's caught my attention. I will probably use for some of our own family photos.
 
 

I totally forgot to show you this Nashville flea market find from a couple months ago. This has been on my wish list for a long time. Love it! It is very old and has obviously been used a lot! I love that as well.
 
 
I have had some luck at the local thrifts lately. Like this Turkey platter, old and beat up, but I still like it!
 
 
And this darling gravy separator.
 

 
And a random green Pyrex casserole.
 
 
Huh....I must have Thanksgiving on the brain already.
 
Next months Flea Market should be a really good one! But I will be hitting the thrifts until then!
 
So off I go into a new week with a bunch of new projects and ideas swimming around in my head for the Home for the Holidays show, I think it was just the kick in the pants I needed to get back in the groove!
 
I will check in with you soon hopefully with some new ideas to show you!
 
Hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment