Monday, September 3, 2018

Slow progress is still progress right?

I did really well and kept on task all last week, hammering one to two sentiment spoons each evening to bring to the Basement before Thursday when they have the shop late event, and this Saturday when they have a pop up craft market. But then the Holiday weekend hit, and my hammer stopped. I still think I can get a few more together and dropped off by Wednesday night. Then I need to really get serious so I am ready for November!
 
One thing I never have to work at is thrifting! I cannot believe I have not posted about this Thrift market find from one of my lunch time runs a couple weeks ago. Dove grey Pyrex plates. Three dinner plates, four salad plates and two bowls..12.00 total. From what I am seeing on Ebay, that is an excellent price. But because I always have to get a full setting, well at least place setting for four, I am on the hunt for another 9" dinner plate and two bowls. But I love the hunt!
 
 
 
And this flame orange Fire King casserole jumped right off the shelf into my basket! Love the color!
 
 
See the sweet potatoes? MJ Farmers market purchase, once we got them home and took a look, we noticed one of them looked a lot like a stomach and intestine.
 
 
This will not be fun to peel, LOL.
 
I also had a little luck on Ebay. I have been watching for some of the Shenandoah pattern Pyrex bowls. I seldom see them locally so I have been looking around on Ebay. Found this great set two bowls, just under 20.00 shipping included.  I would have paid that if I had found them at the Flea market for that price so I call it a good deal.
 
 
So what did I do all weekend if I was not hammering? We shopped, did some work around the house, slept in, ate good food and watched WAY too much TV (If you liked the book Ordeal by Innocence, skip the mini series on Amazon, they got the title right and that is about it) Being an Agatha Christie fan, I was not amused at how they changed a story that did not need to be changed...rant complete.
 
Oh and I swam and read magazines and lounged in my she shack,  Bruno and I love to relax in the backyard. But as much as I enjoy the beautiful summer, I am looking forward to cooler temps and crisp fall evenings.
 
 
It will be back to hammering tomorrow, I will make sure to get some pictures to show you what I have prepared!
 
Until next time! Hope you have a wonderful short week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment