Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Blood blisters, sweat and profanity....

Mid September and It is still hot here in Middle TN, but despite the heat I have stuck to my schedule and have been  hammering away at making a new batch of my basic stock of herb markers.
 
It took two blood blisters, about four gallons of sweat and a string of profanity to get down to 12 herb markers in under two weeks, but...I am almost there.
 
I am not even sure how many there are. This is only some of them.
 
 
So once there are complete, I move onto a smallish batch of garden sentiment spoons, Christmas ornaments and wine bottle markers. And there is more!
 
Remember my super cute herb marker planter boxes?
 



 
Not a single, solitary one sold.
 
So, plot twist! Some are coming back with Christmas trees tucked in them!
 
 
18" trees tucked into these cute boxes. I found tiny strings of battery operated lights and will add a cute Christmas theme spoon to the box.
 
And I will have smaller ones as well. I accidently ordered 8" trees. This will teach me to shop on Amazon after 10:00 on a Friday night when not wearing my glasses.
 

It all works out in the end, I had some cute vintage aluminum cups that I picked up at the flea market years ago, the tiny trees fit perfectly inside. Off to market they go!

 
I managed to get some flea marketing in as well, but I will show you those along with (hopefully) a nice haul from the Nashville Flea Market coming up this weekend!
 
Until then, apologies to my neighbors for the hammering every night!
 
Have a great week!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment