Wednesday, September 26, 2018

A little flea marketing...

Forgive the bad pictures, I have been hammering and missed my opportunity to get some good pictures before the next storm rolled through tonight!
 
Even with all the hammering I have been doing, I am still managing to squeeze in a little vintage treasure hunting! The September Nashville flea market was this past weekend, it was ok, but not the haul I hoped for. Again, I was surprised at how many vendors were missing. I also managed a quick trip to my favorite indoor flea market a couple Saturdays ago and a lunch time run to the local thrifts last week.
 
Since my "big score" lunch time score this past August, I really have not had any luck on my lunch time runs to the thrift stores, not that that will stop me from trying! It is such a nice stress reliever in the middle of the day, well, even better stress reliever if I actually score something fun.
 
Last weeks thrift score, this cool milk glass bowl. I have no idea if it is vintage or who the maker is, it says something "France" on the bottom, hard to make out, but I really like the pattern and it is a great size. Also grabbed these two Fire King green cereal bowls with the black rim at the Nashville Flea Market this past weekend, I happen to have the set of mugs that match it so I was pretty tickled to find them.
 
 
My mom and I puzzled over this at the Flea Market. I thought it was really cute, but was not sure what it was, Mom solved the mystery, its a baby bottle! Too cute!
 
 
And my "purple bottle guy" talked me into two more bottles, stupid cheap because he had not had the time to clean them after digging them up. Ok with me, I let them soak in denture cleaner, that seems to work.....these are pretty filthy so it maybe several soaks in denture cleaner!

 
Back in the day when I first started collecting, I collected lady head vases and planters, really every kind of planter and figural vase imaginable, McCoy, Hull, Lefton and Royal Copley all came home with me. And even though I do not pick them up very often anymore, every once in awhile I see one that I just cannot pass up. This Royal Copley mama and fawn vase has been on my watch list for years! Have seen it only once or twice in the wild, passed on them because of price both times. But when I saw it at the Nashville Flea this weekend, I decided it was time to come home with me. 25.00 for the vase and the two Fire King cereal bowls. I call that a decent buy, plus, I kinda have a thing for deer, I have a lot tucked around the house.
 
 
I found this cute little plant shelf at my favorite indoor flea market. It is the perfect size for my 1960's arm chair I have it sitting next to. Notice the tiny travel clock? This was another indoor flea market fine. This tiny German made clock does not work, but I can get the alarm to jingle away! One of these days I need to get my collection of clocks fixed so they all run!
 
 
 
Not a thrift find, by my dear Auntie was cleaning out her cookbooks and sent me a couple from her collection. They were given to her years ago, she thought they were cool...and I do as well. I love old cookbooks, such fun to read and see how our entertaining and eating habits have changed over the years! Most things have changed for the better, but not all! There are some pretty interesting recipes that I am really excited to try! I will let you know how they turn out!
 
I think this one is my favorite, so cool!
 
 
I always look for the dirtiest page in an old cookbook, if the page is splattered on, you know they cooked that recipe often! I also always look for clips saved in the pages and any notes in the margins. Granny cooking knowledge gold!

 
This one is so fun! Check out that price! Expensive book for the 40's!
 
 
I managed to finish all my herb markers AND the wine bottle charms this week. Next week the Garden themed sentiment spoons are on the agenda. I am putting off the Christmas ornaments and trees as long as I can, I am not one to like to think about Christmas until AFTER Thanksgiving! But if I am going to have Christmas product to sell for the show in November, I better suck it up and deal.
 
Hope you are having a fantastic week!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment