Wednesday, March 18, 2015

I just love an ugly duckling.

It has been a busy couple of weeks at my house, as I am sure you can tell by my sporadic blog posts.  You can tell it is Spring because my Husband and I are both talking about home improvements. One improvement we both agreed needed to happen was a new television set. For years we had a 52" DLP with stand. I admit, I love a big TV, but this one took up a pretty large chunk of my living room floor. So we decided it was time to upgrade and mount a new TV on the wall.

 TV mounted on the wall? Love it.

But what I love the most about the new TV?  The floor space I reclaimed.  Space for a reading chair, oh yes!

I have been casually shopping for such a chair for months. Everything new I found was overlarge or very expensive...or both. So of course I decided I should look for a project. And of course I found one!

I had planned to wait for the Nashville flea market, I was sure I would l would find something there, but on a recent quick trip into my favorite indoor flea market I came across this beauty. Everything I wanted. Perfect size, sturdy, comfortable and 50% off. 

Perfection.


It's got lovely bones! And after only spending $27.00 I don't mind dropping a couple bills to get a new upholstery job for these lovely bones. I am picturing a deep green velvet, I am pretty sure the original color of this chair was green, now it is faded to a greenish gold.  Sometimes I have to look at something for awhile before I decide on what I want to do with it, but velvet may just win. I even considered tackling the project myself. But with the scallop design on the back cushion, well, I think that is best left to a professional.

I plan to drop it off at a local upholstery shop just down the road from my house in the next week or so, I am excited!

I have also been hammering away for a little while pretty much every night. I am almost finished with my herb spoon stock, but I need to get moving on the sentiment spoons.

I was having fun with some fork ideas this past weekend.


Getting excited for the first Farmisan market next month! 

I just hope I will have all my stock ready!

Hope you are having a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment