Sunday, November 20, 2016

New idea's!

Last week at the Home for the Holidays craft show, one of the other vendors purchased three of my sentiment spoons and made a comment about hanging them on the wall. I bet I stood there slack jawed for a moment. Hanging...them...on...the...wall...omg, what the heck is wrong with me?? Why didn't I think of that?? Not everyone wants to stick them in a plant! Signs are so popular right now! Time to appeal to a broader audience!
 
Face palm forehead smack, I am disgusted with myself for not thinking of this on my own.
 
And with that, I was obsessed with putting a couple together and seeing how they came out.
 
This is about as close as I ever come to a step by step tutorial.
 
Here we go.
 
First off you need to remember that you still have a couple pallets to tear up, and cut.
 Still brainstorming what I want to use the fantastic plank with the big knot in it. LOVE that one.
 
 
Sand and stain them a lovely pecan color. I love how the stain highlights some of the "flaws" in the wood. The "flaws" are my favorite parts. So beautiful.
 
 
Stain some pretty decorative wood pieces. To use as an accent.
 
 
Play around with your placement.
 
 
Make sure you can actually HANG them once you finish your design.
 
 
Hammer a couple spoons and assemble.
 


 
I have been wanting to make a ladle candle holder for a long time. I am very happy with how it turned out. I may need to make one for myself!

 
I have three more design ideas that I cannot wait to make! But they will have to wait until after Thanksgiving. But I will definitely get to them in time to get them to the shop for Christmas!
 
Looking forward to Turkey day this week! Hope you are as well!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment