Saturday, September 30, 2017

Acorns and Feedsacks......

So ask me about all the hammering I have been doing and the crafting I have been working on in the last couple weeks....
 
No, please don't because I have not hammered a single solitary spoon.
 
But I have been busy. Still working on the living room, new pictures for the wall, recovering a chair to go with the desk and shelves. Trying to update my sons bedroom, and my bedroom...and baking....a lot. Even though the temps did not cool until yesterday,  I went into a fall baking frenzy last weekend, and I feel a soup frenzy coming on for tomorrow...ya, again it is still in the 80's.
 
I am apparently really ready for it to be fall.
 
In fact, I guess I want it to be fall so much that my "craft" was staining wooden acorns.

 
 
I am not totally thrilled with the outcome...I think I am going to go back over with a stain with more red tint in it to the nut part of the acorn.
 
 
And then I found the perfect feedsack to cover the chair that goes with my mother in laws desk. Ummm, ok, so the original cover was ah... lovely....ummmmm, ok, but not really my style.
 
 
This is more my style.
 

 
Love how the desk and chair look with the shelves.
 
 
 
Really happy with how this all came together. I ended up using the flip side to finish the second chair as well.
 
 
I actually really love this second chair.
 
So why have I not been hammering? I don't know, maybe because it got really hot again for a couple weeks, maybe because I have been busy at home and at the office...or maybe because I am a little burned out on hammering? I seem to be at a bit of a crossroads here. Do I keep up with the crafting biz? Or do I retire my hammer?
 
Not sure what I am going to do.
 
Maybe inspiration will strike and I will get hammering again? Maybe not.
 
I guess you will have to stay tuned and find out what happens next!
 
Until then, hope you are enjoying the (finally)  sort of fall temps and having a great weekend!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment