Saturday, May 6, 2017

Strawberries and Roses.....

It is peak Strawberry season here in Tennessee, and I was afraid that because of our busy weekend schedules this month along with the unpredictable wet weather we have been having, that I was going to have to miss out on picking again this year.
 
Because of this panic, I again asked my husband to hit the Farmers Market in downtown Nashville on his way home from work and pick up a big flat of Strawberries for jam. Mission accomplished, that was completed last Friday night. But I still really wanted to pick my own. So, even though we had a busy day planned for today, I decided I would jump up early if the weather permitted and go pick.
 
And the weather cooperated...so we went. And we LOVED it!
 
We went to one of our local farms. Circle S is a beautiful Century Farm a gorgeous 10 minute drive from my house. Found out that they sell veggies in the summer as well...we will be back, often!
 
 
They had a beautiful crop this year.
 

We went as soon as they opened this morning, A perfect cool sun shine morning and a very successful pick!
 

Of course as soon as we got home I had to get some pictures of these beautiful gems and the flowers I picked up. My Peonies are not very plentiful this year, but that is ok, I filled out the bouquet with roses and hydrangeas. I think roses and Strawberries were meant to hang out together.
 
 
Don't you agree?
 
 
Oh, and I have to say, the Strawberry freezer jam that I made with the strawberries from the Nashville Farmers Market?
Yum!
 
 
Its the start of the season! Support your local Farms!  Get out there hit those Farmers Markets and take advantage of those farms that allow you to get out there and pick your own!
 
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment