Saturday, June 3, 2017

Three little pigs....

How is it already June?
 
We had a wonderful extra long Memorial Day weekend, started off strolling through the Nashville Flea Market, Farmers Market and shopping around town. Then plenty of good times and good food with family and great friends, all balanced out with a good dose of quiet and relaxation. I actually read an entire book and a stack of magazine's over the long weekend! Almost unheard of lately!
 
After all the craziness of the last few months it was a very welcome break!
 
So I was all set to ease into my crafters semi retirement....and it turns out I may not end up being as semi retired as I thought I was going to be. I will be back doing the Lebanon flea market again in July, and I am talking to several of my crafting buddies about kicking off a new project together.
 
Apparently I just cannot accept slowing down. And yet, somehow, that does not really seem like such a bad thing.
 
One thing that certainly has not slowed down is my thrifting, and I found some great stuff at the Nashville Flea market this month!
 
I have to laugh at  myself sometimes at what catches my eye. Like this 1930/40's Hazel Atlas dancing pigs mug.
 
 
What...in...the....world?
 
 
I cannot explain why some of these things jump out at me, but I loved this silly little kids pig mug.

 
 Walking out of the booth,  I was really tickled with my find....then a few booths later...dang...a pig bowl!
 
 

And I thought, how fun! Now I have a set.
 
Then a few booths more....a dessert dish. By this time I was really laughing at myself.
 
 
Three different booth's Three different little pigs. Total investment? 12.00.
 
 
And I may or may not have gone home, jumped directly on Ebay and found that there is a  matching pig plate/bowl. What can I say, I get a little obsessed sometimes.
 
It's not like piggies were the only thing I came home with. Apparently I was on a Hazel Atlas kick and really feeling the color red. Hazel Atlas stripe bowls! And at a freaking bargain price.
 
 
And a Hazel Atlas milk glass fridgie!
 
 
There is a guy at the Nashville Flea that sells the coolest selection of Succulent plants, I figured it was time to change up my lunch box!
 
 
And of course, how could I leave the Farmers Market without my first bag of  Peach Truck peaches of the season?
 
They are as delicious as they are beautiful, and as wonderful as they tasted just sliced up, they made an amazing peach cobbler!
 
 
 And on we move into Summer!
 
Hope your summer is off to a wonderful start!

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment