Sunday, July 30, 2017

Bottles and Bowls.......

I am down to the last two weeks of my semi retirement from crafting. My daughter starts back to school this week, and my son heads to College the week after that. Where has this summer gone?
 
As much as I will miss having my son around all the time, and the lazy summer afternoons spent with my daughter lounging in the she shack and in the pool, it will be nice to start seriously crafting again.
 
But what to craft?
 
I am having some trouble there.
 
Do I continue to hammer away? Or do I find a new craft to do? I am at a bit of a crossroads. Do I want to work more shows? Sell online? Or find a new shop? Or do all three?
 
What to do, what to do.
 
I have some decisions to make in the next couple of weeks.
 
So yesterday, in the hopes that strolling through my favorite indoor flea market would help inspire some new ideas I headed out.
 
Not a single new idea to be had, but there were some fun finds!
 
First, Bottles! I keep an eye out for pretty bottles, and these purple ones caught my eye right away!
 

I now have two of "Warranted Flask" bottles in different sizes. I love how they look on my window sill when the sun shines through them.

 
And the bowls, always bowls. I do love bowls.
 

 
Especially fun ones like these Tiger bowls. We were debating if these Fire King bowls were Tony the tiger or the Esso "put a tiger in your tank" tiger. We decided he was Esso. Regardless, we loved them!
 

 
I just realized...I have had a thing for kids vintage dishes this summer.....interesting.
 
So maybe after the stress of getting both kids settled for the fall my creative juices will start to flow again, lets hope so because I cannot imagine what I would do with myself without projects to keep me constantly too busy!
 
Hope you are enjoying your summer!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment