Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Calgon...take me away!

So, it has been a busy week so far, I recently got a promotion at my job and have taken on a lot more responsibility, and since I am still doing my old job (until I hire someone to replace me) as well as the new one, I am constantly on the go. It is all good stuff, I am enjoying the challenge and everything I am learning, but it keeps me on my toes non stop from the moment I come in until I slip out at the end of the day, quietly, hoping no one can catch me before I make it to the elevator, my poor brain wrung dry but still unable to shut down.

As I was driving home tonight, I could not help but think of how nice a quiet relaxing evening would be. My Sunday ended up not being quite as relaxing as I had hoped. Instead of a couple hours to relax, feet up on the couch, I got about forty five minutes.

But I made the most of it.

I made myself shrimp and corn chowder, served it in my favorite Limoges dishes, on my vintage tray with my new vintage tea towel, drank ginger ale from one of my favorite glasses and watched "The Hobbit" while I surfed Pinterest. Maybe I am crazy, but sometimes just using pretty dishes makes a few minutes you take for yourself a little special, a few minutes to enjoy a little bit of elegance in the middle of a busy day doing chores around the house. I guess it is my version of a power nap, I felt relaxed and refreshed, and ready to tackle that next load of laundry.

I have been collecting pieces of French Limoges for years, Thrift stores, antique malls, Ebay, all rose patterns, all different, and, as usual, nothing matches. But it all goes together, just the way I like it.


I am already thinking about what new soup I will try this coming weekend.



And I will make sure that I take a little more than forty five minutes to enjoy it.



We are half way there already, I think I can make it...I still need time to decide on this weekends soup. Pinterest here I come!

Hope your week is going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment