Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Alice in Wonderland

 Another lovely long summer Holiday weekend. I had a lot of fun, did a lot of relaxing, and got a lot of crafting done!
 
Remember this flea market buy? It did not last long, I was excited to make my vision come to life.
 


I had a lot of fun with this one!
 
 
This was not easy to photograph It is quite tall and regardless of what I placed it in front of, it was difficult to capture. Nevertheless I really love how it turned out. The sentiment spoon says "Every Adventure requires a first step" a quote from the book, but I felt that it was especially appropriate for a children's nursery arrangement.
 
 
I loved the knot in this box. It looks so rich after it was stained, amazing for such inexpensive pallet wood.
 
And the butterflies, oh the branches full of butterflies! I was right, the funky graphics of this old book made fantastic butterflies.
 

I again did three layers with the aluminum cut out in between. Red, white and black. I did a couple all paper, but the majority have the aluminum center. My favorites are the ones with the aluminum centers.
 

I am just so pleased with how this turned out. I NEED to make more!
 

I did my best to get some of the best pictures into the butterflies. They made such cool butterflies.




 
I posted my creation on Facebook and got some very favorable comments on it, as a matter of fact, I had a couple people ask me to make one for them, so, it is off I go to McKay's used books to dig through their children's bookshelves and find some more little golden books. I have an order or another "Alice" themed book, but I would love to do a Peter Pan and a Bambi arrangement. Maybe even a sleeping beauty!
 
I could very easily get carried away with this.
 
I made this one especially for a wholesale order for a shop a fellow crafter friend of mine is opening in August, so now I will be selling at two "boutiques" very exciting! I hope she likes it enough to put it in her shop, but if not, I feel pretty confident I have it sold anyway.
 
Hope you had a fantastic long Fourth of July weekend!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment