Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Another flower box

It has been awhile since I made a new Hydrangea arrangement. This one was a special order so I asked my husband to make me another small pallet box and I thought I would try something new and give the flowers some color.
 
I love how many different kinds of spray paint there are out there, just about every shade of every color! I decided to go classic and painted them blue. I was very pleased with how they came out! I think it will have to be pink for my next arrangement.
 
 
I also added the aluminum can base to the hydrangea instead of the leaves I have done in the past. I think this style may be a keeper. That base helps to fill out the box nicely.
 
I used a lace lined burlap ribbon for the roses this time and was much happier with how they turned out. Another trick to keep.
 
Oop! I see a pin out of place, better fix that quick.
 

And of course, I am still mildly butterfly obsessed so I had to tuck a butterfly in there as an accent.
 
Sorry, not sorry.
 
 I still need to finish the butterfly branch arrangement for my kitchen. With rain in the forecast this weekend, it may be just the project for me to tackle.

 
All in all I am very pleased with how it turned out. I really enjoy making these little arrangements, I think I will have to put a few more together soon.
 
Not long ago while flipping through a magazine, I saw the prettiest arrangement of zinnias in a wood pallet box and just loved how it looked, the bright orange, yellow and red of the zinnias really popped next to the dark rustic wood of the pallet box. I am turning over some plans in my head trying to recreate a zinnia look with aluminum cans. Off to Pinterest I go for some inspiration and ideas! How did I manage to brainstorm before Pinterest?
 
Hope you are keeping cool and having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment