Sunday, July 17, 2016

Another Photography contest

I have only entered one photography contest. Just the local electric company contest, I was on pins and needles for two months before they posted the winners, and obviously, I did not win, or place for that matter.
 
Still, it was fun and you will never have a chance if you don't try right?
I am going to try again. The theme this time is "What does summer mean to you". Based on the winners in the past I expect that they are looking for are sweeping landscapes, pictures of lakes and sunsets with kids playing in water and fishing. Pretty much everything I don't typically photograph.
 
But my stubborn rebel streak is going to enter the pictures that I want to anyway. So, brainstorming, I was thinking, what does summer mean to me? Beautiful homegrown tomatoes, Flowers, bees and water.
 
Ok, my tomatoes are not home grown, garden failure. And I could not find pretty tomatoes at the farmers market, so whole foods to the rescue.
 

 
Still have not decided what to enter...I will have to look at them for a week before I decide.
 
Such beautiful Zinnia's this year. Believe it or not this picture does not do this Zinnia justice. The colors are so intense on this variety. They are just gorgeous.
 

Maybe both flowers and tomatoes together? No. I don't think so.


I thought about sunflowers. I mean, How can you look at a sunflower and not think about summer?

 
I think the only one I am 100% positive about entering is this bee picture. From last summer, but one of my all time favorites.
 
 
I have been very busy at work, this is our busy season, new residents coming in and locum doctors subbing for providers taking month long summer leaves, but regardless, tired or not I am trying to keep hammering and get some new stock into Creative Village. I sent a nice selection to the new boutique "The Basement" and still have a nice number of my "base" stock on hand. Believe it or not, I am already thinking about working on Christmas ornaments. I wanted to have several ready for the October Farmisan Market, and they were very good sellers at Creative Village, so I will want a large stock ready to go and not have to rush to get them together at the last minute. Because of this I have not been tackling as many new craft projects as I would like to. Time to hit Pinterest again for some new inspiration?
 
But finish one project first...I need to figure out a picture to submit that deals with water. Thank goodness I live close to a gorgeous lake. I refuse to conform to a sweeping landscape shot. But I sure do love a pretty lake water picture,
 
Off to the lake. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment