Saturday, March 18, 2017

Losing track of my days!

I really meant to blog about this find from the Antiques and Uniques Expo this past week, but I somehow managed to totally lost track of my days.
 
How to I do that?
 
Well, in my defense, the kids were on spring break which kinda had me off schedule, and my daughters birthday was Friday so I took a day off  to spend with her, short week also throwing me a bit off kilter. I ended up spending my usual Wednesday blogging night enjoying a very rare Netflix binge (ok, an hour long Netflix binge, it was a weeknight after all) ....I did not actually realize it was Wednesday, until I went to crawl into bed an looked at the weather on my iPad and realized what day it was.
 
But I digress....
 
My find from the Expo...was right under my nose. It was on Kim's table, my booth mate. I never really saw it until the very end of the show. Its a vintage enamelware chamber pot. Yes, I brought a pee pot home.
 
 
But come on, do these up cycled sunflowers not look adorable in this vintage pee pot?
 
 
No worries,  it appears to be unused. The original sticker was totally intact. It actually came from Kim's family home, she had it up on a shelf in her kitchen for a long while. It now lives in my kitchen, what can I say, we have a similar sense of humor.
 
So my hammering hiatus may be delayed a bit, I did decide to commit to the April 1st Lebanon Antiques and Uniques Expo. This time I am only going to bring the spoons, that is what sold, that is all that I am going to bother dragging in.
 
I really hope the Ice Cream and BBQ guys are there, I am not gonna lie, that was a big motivator to go back, I am not ashamed to admit, I was motivated by food. Got my daughter to agree to come with me for the day, she is motivated by ice cream. Apple does not fall too far from the tree. I could probably get the boy to help as well, he is a BBQ junkie.
 
And who knows, maybe I will find another treasure while I am there!
 
Hope you are having a great weekend!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment