Saturday, April 8, 2017

No insomnia here...

I very seldom have trouble falling asleep unless I indulge in caffeine in the evening or do not give myself about an hour or so to wind down before bed. I can read, watch a movie or flip mindlessly through Pinterest or Ebay then pass out without a problem. I may or may not have had to have my iPad removed  from the bed after I fell asleep on it, finger still on the screen.
 
Tech does not keep me awake.
 
One of the things I like to do is to type in a very broad search, like "Fire King"  in Ebay and just flip through and look. It is always fun to see what pops up.
 
Which may or may not lead to some questionable purchases on my part.
 
These Fire King custard cups are a perfect example. Now, if I had found these at the Flea Market I would have snapped them up as well, so, no poor choices due to midnight bidding.
 
Plain, yes, but they are kinda cute, and a great size! I think it would be fun to build single serve strawberry shortcakes or banana puddings in them!
 
I already have my mind on summertime desserts!
 
 
Sadly Creative Village will be closing in a couple weeks, so I stopped in to say hello and talk about helping to get the shop cleaned out. They are giving a lot of stuff away and are going to host a "rummage" sale before the rest of it goes to Goodwill or local churches. But they are cleaning out already and asked if I wanted to bring this cool certificate home with me.
 
 
Still in its chippy old frame, I thought it would look cool in my bathroom, but upon looking a bit more closely at it, the humidity there would destroy it. I think I will get it gently cleaned up and it can go live either in my kitchen or living room. It is really old, and super cool! I plan to do some research on it to see if I can figure out what kind of award or recognition it was for. Cool stuff!
 
It will be sad for the shop to close, but, new opportunities always come along. And if they don't, then I will make an opportunity or two of my own!
 
Are you all ready for Easter yet? I have a start on the kids Easter Baskets, but I will have to get cracking to finish them up this week.
 
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment