Saturday, April 15, 2017

Prom Season 2017!

Well Prom season is here again. And if you have high school kids you  know how expensive it can get. I know we spend over 400.00 before all is said and done. This year we have two proms since my Son and his girlfriend go to different schools. So, I thought maybe I could find a way to save a few pennies.
 
Last year when my son and his girlfriend went to his prom we of course ordered flowers. For both cost close to 50.00. And for what we got? Uh....I was not pleased. Don't get me wrong, they were very pretty and well made, but, that much for five little sweetheart roses on a slap bracelet and a simple lapel flower? Seemed a little outrageous to me. So I decided if they went to prom again this year I would try to make them myself.
 
Total materials including flowers cost me 20.00. And I had a enough flowers left over for a lovely arrangement for the kitchen table. This price included ribbon and 12 corsage bracelets. I did a practice run the week before and was pretty happy with the result, so when I went for the real thing I felt pretty confident having already made my "first timer" mistakes.
 
My son and his beautiful girlfriend went with a "Beauty and the Beast" theme for their outfits so I went with a yellow ribbon, red roses and ivy for their flowers.
 
Hers: wrist corsage.
 

His: classic lapel flower.
 
 
I was pretty happy with how they turned out!
 
Unfortunately, my son went skipping out of the house and left them in the fridge at home. And since it was a Thursday night prom with a 40 minute drive between us, and I met them at nearby Arrington Vineyards for pictures after I left work... well they ended up having to go flowerless.
 
 
But I think they looked so good, they did not even need the flowers!
 
Hope you are having a wonderful Easter weekend! My company closed for Good Friday and I decided to take advantage of the free time and hit my favorite thrifts and indoor flea market. I walked away with some fun finds!
 
But more about that later this week!
 
Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment