Friday, November 28, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving day!

We stay pretty low key at our house, just a small gathering, but, I always insist on a pretty table and fresh flowers.

Years ago, when my husbands Grandfather passed away and we were going through the estate, one of the things we took with us was some of his Grandmothers dishes. Now, they are not French Limoges or really any kind of expensive dishware, But, I just love them, such sweet flowers. The set we got was very small, just four place settings with some serving pieces, but during one of my Antique store trips I found a bunch more and added to the set. Now we have seating for nine, and even though not all of it was really  Grandmothers, that is still how we refer to it. And I love taking it out every year for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter. I like to think Grandmother Adeline would be flattered that we enjoy her pretty plates so much.


I don't usually use fancy linens either, I simple cotton drop cloth from the hardware store with a burlap and vintage crochet runner do the trick. I love burlap and vintage doilies. And of course my flea market collection of mixed flatware, nothing matches, and I love it!


I found this vintage Lefton turkey planter years ago, I have to admit, I forget to put him out most years, I will have to start packing him with Grandmothers dishes so I don't forget.



Summer before last, I found this vintage turkey platter, I always keep my eyes open for vintage pieces to add to my little set.


I love Thanksgiving, as much for the food as for the fun of decorating my table!

I hope you enjoyed your day as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment