Sunday, April 12, 2015

What have I gotten myself into?

Six Hundred Dollars.

That was the estimate to recover my 27.00 flea market find chair. Six hundred dollar's, wow, just, wow.

I am obviously totally out of touch with how much it costs to recover furniture, I figured I would have to spend around 300.00, but 600.00? No way man. I have better things to spend that kind of money on. After all, this is not a high  quality antique, it is a 27.00 chair with a leg repair. So, not to be deterred, I immediately started scanning Pinterest and of course found several really good tutorials, one tutorial was on the exact same chair as mine. Perfect.

So, on I go to another project..did I say one project? Make that two.


Cute huh? I believe it probably belonged to a dressing table at one point. It is a perfect height and size, but covered in an ugly upholstery. Yuck. It has got to go.

I think it will be a good practice piece to work on before I move onto my chair. So, my goal is to have both pieces recovered by the end of this month. I think I can manage it, lol, I say that, then think of the gardening and outside projects I have planned, The Farmisan Market next Saturday and the Nashville Flea Market on the 24th....maybe I should move my goal to the end of next month?

 I am in really good shape stock wise for the Farmisan market on Saturday so I will not have to kill myself hammering every night after work this week. I am really excited to see how it goes. New location, lots of new stock from me and a bunch of  new vendors.
 So much fun!



Hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment