Sunday, May 10, 2015

Enjoying the fruits of my labor

Not that making freezer jam is exactly labor intensive.

But oh so worth it. 

I did a quick Pinterest search and found a super simple freezer jam recipe from Martha Stewart, chopped up some strawberries and peacefully stirred as it bubbled away. 

I love to stir stuff, I can't really explain why, but I do.



This may be the best batch of strawberry jam I have ever made. Perfectly set, tastes like pure sweet spring strawberries. Is there anything better than fresh strawberry jam  and butter on lightly toasted sourdough bread?

Pure bliss.

I went back and bought more strawberries on Saturday so I have plenty left over, as a matter of fact I happen to be enjoying a bowl of fresh sliced strawberries over vanilla ice cream as I type. So darn good.

I spent a very quiet mothers day puttering around and getting much less done then I should have. An hour or two was spent sitting in my favorite spot under my willow tree with some passion fruit tea and my favorite buddy. We love sitting on our pallet couch.


I hope you all had a lovely Mothers Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment