Wednesday, May 13, 2015

My spot

Once the summer comes and the weather is warm enough, you will find me in one of two places, in the pool or sitting in my spot.

My favorite spot in the yard is underneath my beautiful corkscrew willow tree. After years of trying and failing to find the perfect seating, I saw a tutorial on how to make a pallet couch on one of my favorite blogs. And I realized...that was exactly what I wanted, what I needed.

The goal was to find a "couch" large enough to sit comfortably with both my dogs, it had to be low so my Pug and elderly Pitt could easily climb up on it and still allow me space to sit with my books, sketch pads, notebook and computer. With specifications like that, making what I wanted was the only way to go. So after more than a year of talking about it I finally convinced my husband to make me one. And it is perfect. Much to his surprise. Honestly he thought I was nuts. but he liked it enough to make a second one for himself as well. I went pretty simple with the covering. Again another use for my many canvas tarps, They are darn handy things to have on hand. I threw this extra large tarp over some large cushions I picked up at Hobby Lobby, added a few pillows and done! Comfortable, easy to clean and to store during the week when not in use.


As you can see, I have also added my pallet coffee table. Just a small pallet on top of two goodwill picked plant stands. I like the look, but it is a little wobbly so I think we will break down and add some real legs. Having the coffee table is AWESOME! It is exactly what I needed. Makes the perfect place to put my drinks and snacks.



I am currently addicted to iced Tazo passion citrus tea. It tastes as good as it looks!
I had a lot of fun making my coffee table pretty for my Mother's day breakfast. 
 

  My husband was out of town and I am not one to want to go out on Mothers day so I made myself my favorite breakfast, loaded it all onto one of my favorite chippy vintage trays and took it outside to eat in my spot
.


It was a great way to start the day.

Oh and some exciting news!


My peonies have bloomed! Oh they smell so good. I love taking pictures of peonies and spring strawberries together, we have eaten or made jam out of the 8 quarts I picked up this past weekend so I will be heading back to the farm stand this weekend for more! Not that I mind!

Hope you are having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment