Sunday, September 13, 2015

Vintage goodness

I have been an "Ebayer" for a long, long time. Over the years I have gotten some really good deals, some, not so good. Overall, I think I have done pretty well. But I am pretty picky and because I am not willing to over pay, I can wait a long, long......long time before I get something on my list.
 
This Fire King Jadeite Milk pitcher is a perfect example.
 
 
Isn't she a beauty? This dang thing has been on my "wish list" for, oh, I don't know, 13 years? I have never seen one at a flea market, and the rare one I stumble across in an antique store is usually priced between 75.00 to 100.00. Sorry, beyond my thrifter budget. But, 27.00 including shipping? Yup, I will pay that. I have NO idea how I managed to get it for that cheap. I think I was the only bidder. The seller did have "Fire King" hyphenated, maybe that messed with a search. I don't care...it's finally MINE!
 
I also managed to score a set of milkglass tulip salt and pepper shakers on Ebay.  Only one of the tops survived so I found replacements and yes, I would rather have the Jadeite, they are still on my list, eventually I will score a pair, but until then, the milkglass will do. Plus it matches the grease jar I scored at the flea market this past summer. All three for a little over 20.00? Yup, I love it
 
 
And this thing? I don't even know when this Fire King canister made it onto my wish list.  But I know I will find something to use it for. I love that Fire King red. It reminds me of Le Creuset flame. I have no idea what I am going to use it for, but I will find a use. This was another 10.00 including shipping score. All in all I have had a very successful Ebay run lately. I can't complain!
 
 
And the last bit of vintage goodness I have to report on? My Farm table.
 
A friend of mine bought it years ago at an estate sale for 75.00, she is currently in the process of selling off a lot of stuff in anticipation of putting her house on the market and sold it to me for what she paid for it. I have had my eye on it since she bought it and I was more than happy to give it a new home.
 

I love it, I think it fits perfectly into the house.


Love the legs.
 

I love the wood, this table collapses down into a very small card table size. Perfect! I will always be able to make this work wherever I live!
 
 
Does that Jadeite pitcher not look right at home?

 
One last bit of vintage goodness. My daughter and I stopped into our favorite indoor flea market yesterday and scored some Fire king, I have been looking for a cup like this for awhile, 3.00 and it was mine. I really enjoyed drinking my coffee out of it this beautiful early fall morning.
 
 
Nothing like a warm cup of coffee in a beautiful vintage cup on a gorgeous crisp fall morning!
 
Hope you are enjoying some of this amazing fall weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment