Saturday, October 17, 2015

Autumn Evenings

 
I love these first cool evenings of Autumn.
 
After coming home from work on Friday night I decided to pull out some battery tea lights and light up my vintage insulators. I always keep a stash of these little battery lights on hand, I find that I use them a lot.
 
 
 
There is something so calming about watching the flame flicker underneath that beautiful blue glass. The chill breeze carrying the scent of wood smoke through the window, birds chirping and that warm flickering flame glowing.
 
Sigh, so relaxing.
 
It would be even more relaxing if my house was clean and all the laundry caught up.
 
oh well, at least my view from the kitchen sink is pleasing.
 
This weekend was too busy, but next weekend we plan to light a fire in the fire pit and drag out the projector to watch Disney's "Ichabod Crane" and "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown". Something off the smoker will be on the menu for dinner and caramel corn with the movie under the stars.
 
 I love fall!
 


Today was the last Farmisan Market of the year and it was a very sad, small turn out. I am worried for our little market, I fear it may not survive another year. But I am going step up my hammering and really increase my stock over this winter so I have enough on hand to participate in some of the big craft shows that I have had to pass on this year because my stock was so low. Darn bum shoulder this summer really slowed me down a lot more than I realized.
 
But before I start to hammer again, I better get my Christmas ornaments made.
 
That is next week's project!
 
Hope your are getting to enjoy some of this beautiful Autumn weather!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment