Wednesday, January 13, 2016

How to live like a Hobbit

We have made it through Wednesday, half way to the weekend. It has been a really rough week at work so far so all I can think about is making it to Friday at 5:00 when I can just be home.
 
I remember back when I was in my early 20's I just hated January. Bleak, dark, cold, boring, never anything fun going on. Ahhh to be young. Fast forward 20 years and two kids later and I live for January. Because it is bleak, dark, cold and nothing is going on.
 
 Boring then, blissful now.
 
So if you have been reading this blog for any period of time it is probably pretty obvious from my many "Lord of the Rings" references that I am a pretty big LOTR and Hobbit nerd. Pretty much my favorite books of all time and Hobbits are probably my favorite literary characters of all time. I love Hobbits. I love them so much that I look forward to pretending to be one every January!
 
How do you pretend to be a Hobbit you ask? Easy, first things first. Since you probably do not have 31 days vacation so you can take off the entire month of January to hide in your Hobbit hole while you craft and eat the month away, you do everything you can so you don't have to leave the house on the weekends. Errands? Get yourself organized, write out your lists and run them on the way home from work, last errand I run is Friday evening on my way home. Once my wheels hit the driveway, that is where they stay until Monday morning. Second, you cook, and bake.
 
Maybe some Chocolate chip cookies.


 Definitely some fresh bread.


Ohhh and pumpkin muffins.

 
I should have gotten a picture of the steak, baked potatoes and sautéed mushrooms we had for Dinner Saturday....Hobbits love mushrooms. And soup, yes I made soup as well. But then again I always make soup.
 
Oh and little Hobbit girls like to dip fruit into chocolate. yummmm.
 
 


Third, once your Hobbit hole is nice and tidy after all your baking and cooking,  you put out some pretty flowers to brighten up the place.
 


 
Then cuddle up under your newest vintage chenille blanket with your darling pug boy and watch a movie while you surf Pinterest on your iPad.
 
 
Darling pug boy.
 
 
Oh and don't forget to work on making more hydrangea flowers while you are hiding in your Hobbit hole. Hobbits love to relax but they are still productive creatures.
 
 
Then Monday morning comes and you have to put your inner Hobbit away for another week and try to be an adult again.
 
I think I prefer being a Hobbit.
 
Two blissful Hobbit weekends down, three to go and only two days to get to the next one. I think I can make it.
 
I hope you are having a wonderful week, and have an even better weekend ahead planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment