Wednesday, July 8, 2015

How does your garden grow?

Mine is growing pretty well I think, especially since I have done very little that resembles actual "gardening", I am the epitome of a lazy gardener this year.


My nasturtiums are very happy planted in my herb barrel, they seem to be happier here then planted in the ground. I will make sure to remember to plant them in the herb barrel again next year.


My Basil is Jurassic size, I have been tossing it into homemade ricotta cheese along with chopped rosemary, chives and garlic. Smeared on good french bread with a slice of a tomato from the farmers market, one of my favorite summer meals. Homemade Ricotta, my current addiction. oh so good.

 
Even my dill is huge, ummm I did not actually plant this either, another self seeder, yea for the herb volunteers! Without them I would have......weeds.


Speaking of my garden volunteer's, Only a few more days and I should have my first black cherry tomatoes. They are so good in salad, but I just pop them in my mouth like candy and eat them whole! They are without a doubt my favorite cherry tomato. I am so glad they decided to come back on their own! I would have missed them this year.


But this is what I am really looking forward to. This is the heirloom variety feather morning glory from Baker Creek. It is not nearly as fast a grower as the standard morning glories, it has been slowly creeping its way up the heirloom sunflower stems, which I am also dying to see bloom. I am just thrilled by its delicate leaves, I think they are so beautiful and I cannot wait to see what the flowers will look like. My chocolate morning glory started blooming this week, But I have not been able to get a shot of one before I have to leave for work in the morning, I will make sure to get a shot of one this weekend, they are a big and a beautiful chocolaty red color, I am so happy with them! Totally worth the wait!

Ug, the week after a long holiday weekend is always rough,  and I am glad we are finally  half way through the. I hope yours is going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment