Wednesday, July 29, 2015

How very Pinteresting

Anyone who has known me for more than five minutes has heard me start a sentence with "So, I saw this thing on Pinterest" I am an unashamed, unapologetic Pinterest addict. I know the argument, "you spend all your time pinning, do you actually do any of these projects?" my answer, yes, yes I do. Have I done all of the close to 3000 pins I have pinned? HA! I wish I had that kind of time! But, I do a lot of them. Not all are a huge success, but, a lot are, so I thought I would do a post about some of my recent Pin projects!

I love taking a few minutes for myself on the weekend, most often it is to enjoy a little lunch, it is usually soup like this Spicy Gazpacho with shrimp or a dessert. And you can be assured, I always use some pretty dishes. I wish I had gotten a shot of the pecan pie bars I made this past weekend. Another win, they were gone before I had a chance to snap a good picture.



Refrigerator pickles, Love to find new uses for my farmers market buys! This was a great recipe, the garlic cloves are so yummie!
 

Homemade ricotta and fresh herb cheese, oh...my....gosh...Ina Garten's recipe, yes, I have mentioned it before, that is because I love it and it is delicious! 


Cannoli in a sugar cone, total win, made with some of the homemade ricotta, this was delicious! And my daughter loved it! Will make this again!


Ok, one fail. Not my first, not my last. Sweet cherry freezer jam, my mom had fantastic luck with this recipe and she loved it, not me. It was way too sweet for my taste. I might try it again, cutting the sugar in half, but then again, I might not. We shall see.


I have had a lot of pin "fails" but they have yet to dampen my enthusiasm. I love all the ideas I have gotten win or lose and have learned a lot. I have a theory that people that do not like Pinterest, are not using it the right way. It is not lifestyle goal, it is an idea board, your not supposed to copy, your supposed to create and make something that works for you. It's supposed to help, not make your life more stressful. But most important, it should be fun. Go into it with that attitude, and you won't be disappointed.

I have been out snapping bee pictures again. It's funny, because I am not a big bug person, but I love bee's. I think they are beautiful, and I will still love them even when I finally get stung. Because it will happen, eventually I will catch a crabby bee that does not want to have his picture taken. The odds are in my favor, I really hope I do not find out I am allergic the hard way!


Boiling hot again this week, hope you are keeping cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment