Sunday, July 5, 2015

Irene Myers

I have no idea who Irene Myers is, but I think it is a pretty good bet to say she took a pottery class in 1960.

Today I had planned to post about my flea market finds from the Nashville flea market last week, but, then I found Irene's pottery class project and my plan changed.

Friday, my office was closed for the 4th of July holiday, so I decided to treat myself to a quiet morning of thrifting. I stopped into several local thrift shops and I found a few fun things, but Irene's pitcher is my favorite find. It was my first stop of the morning and as I was browsing along the pitcher caught my eye, it was an isle away and my first thought was, IRONSTONE!YES! But as I picked it up and examined it further I realized that it was not Ironstone, but someones pottery class project from 1960.





And of course I thought it was cool. Irene did a heck of a good job. I love her pitcher.




It is a great size, perfect for what I had in mind, Which was to fill it full of flowers of course!


Wherever Irene is now, I hope that she would be pleased that I like her pottery project so much and that it has a new life and will be used again. I cannot wait until my heirloom Zinnia's are in full bloom, I am getting a few blooms here and there, but I think this pitcher will look fantastic stuffed full of lemon balm and Zinnia's.

I will show you my other score's as well as my flea market finds later this week, but today I wanted Irene's pottery project to take center stage. I like to think she would get a kick out of that.

Hope you had a fun and safe 4th of July weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment