Tuesday, August 25, 2015

At long last..

I have waited for months, and finally...finally the heirloom feather morning glory bloomed! I keep calling it a fern...its a feather morning glory, getting my facts right.
 
This tiny flower was well worth the wait.
 


And they are tiny! About the size of a dime. They remind me of tiny Christmas flowers.


 
I think they are the so cool! They are definitely going on my "grow again" list, the vibrant red of these petite flowers just pop in the sea of green foliage.
 
 
I have not noticed if the hummingbirds liked them. But the butterflies do!


Beautiful little Christmas stars in the height of summer!
 
I love trying out different seeds from baker creek each year, seeing what works well and what does not. Because the '"works well", are really worth the time!
 
Hope your week is going well so far!
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment