Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Design Change!

Part of the creative process is changing your mind....sometimes several times.
 
My plan for the letters off the family farmhouse screen doors was to hang them on rustic pallet wood. But when I was out and about shopping for craft supplies, I stumbled across something else. I thought these wood slates would resemble a fence once painted black.  
 
 
Not bad for the first try... but, I think I will hit it with another coat of flat black paint this weekend, and try a different method to mount the letter. Wiring it on worked, but I think the letter will start to slip after awhile, needs to be a bit more stable.
 
But I think I may like this plan a little better than the pallet wood. The black should really pop next to the sage green that we painted the walls of our bathroom.
 
Always be open to other options! You never know how it will turn out!
 
Hope you are having a great week!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment