Saturday, February 13, 2016

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Valentines Day!
 
Well, my daughters Valentines gift bags for her little girlfriends were a big success! They loved them!
 
So onto the big girls!
 
Before Christmas my daughter and I decided to do candy boxes to send to her Grandmothers and Great Aunts (who treat my kids just like their own grandkids) she was excited to pick out and make the candy, assemble them and mail them out, but...well the holidays got away from us and we just could not squeeze it in. So, we decided to follow the example of Paul and Julia Child and make a big deal out of Valentines day instead!
 
So our Christmas candy boxes became Valentines candy boxes instead! And they were just as much fun to put together as the Christmas boxes would have been.
 
Pralines had to be included, it was the only thing my daughter could not make. I used the bigger pot this time and only burned myself once....I am getting better at it! But I need to get a little faster at getting them on the pan to cool. Third times the charm right?
 
 
This Chocolate Nut bark is a family favorite. My Uncle refers to it as "Crack" because it is so addictive!
 
I like to get the dried fruit and nuts assembled for and ready for decorating first.
 
 
Pour out the gorgeous white chocolate.
 

Then a layer of milk chocolate. Really, pretty on its own, but add the fruit and nuts? Gorgeous.
 
 
See? Just beautiful! And delicious!
 
 
One candy that did not work out. Homemade Tootsie rolls. We were excited about these. But, major epic Pinterest fail. It resembled something you might find in a dirty diaper. And the taste? Um....not worth the calories. Yuck.
 

So the box only contained two choices of candy. Next year I think we will try making truffles!

 
We think they turned out so pretty! And they were fun to make. Definitely worth becoming a yearly tradition!
 
Hope you enjoy your Valentines day!
 

1 comment: