Saturday, February 20, 2016

In a metal mood

Last Saturday I dropped some single stem Hydrangeas off at Creative Village. It seems my arrangements get a lot of attention and people have asked if I would bring in some single stems. So, I threw a couple together and have to say I like how they turned out!


I used another can to make up the bottom and the leaves of the flowers, It gave me a nice base for the stem and helped fill the flower shape out. I was pretty happy with the result.
 
finishing the flowers off on Friday night must have put me in a metal mood, because when I stopped into my favorite indoor flea market before Creative Village, I walked out with pretty much nothing but....metal!
 
I have had my eye on the aluminum bowl and platter for awhile now. I think they are going to be perfect to use this summer for those nights when we eat outside or for snacks by the pool.
 
 

And the cheese grater! I love vintage kitchen stuff anyway, but I really loved this. Fits perfectly over some of my vintage bowls.

 
Perfect fit right over a bowl ! My kids are cheese junkies, this will get a lot of use,  I shred a lot of cheese.


And more tiny aluminum pie plates. My daughter loves these, they are great for making tiny pies or giant muffins.
 
 
Another doily, what can I say, I have a weakness. I have almost enough to tackle my doily project, I think if I cannot hit the Nashville flea market next week I will see if I cant make it work with what I have.
 

And Mahjong tiles. I doubt they are vintage, but I thought they would be a great addition to our vintage game collection. And Mahjong tiles are really pretty!
 
 
 
We are tackling home improvement projects this weekend, painting and redecorating the bathroom  so, no junkin for me, but, I think that if weather permits I may hit the Nashville Flea Market next weekend! I am already getting that itch to be strolling outside looking for vintage treasures! My version of Spring fever I guess, LOL.
 
Hope you are having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment