Saturday, March 19, 2016

Fire king and Glasbake and Pyrex oh my!!!

Wow, what a busy week!
 
Started off painful and slow with Spring ahead totally kicking my butt.  Then celebrating my daughters 12th Birthday on St. Patrick's day, and ended with me practically giddy with joy as I dragged my poor mother into Goodwill, Southern Thrift and my favorite indoor flea market.
 
And I was lucky to score some great finds!
 
First score was this Pyrex small casserole WITH the lid! I was very happy!
 
 
Sadly this was my only score from Goodwill or Southern Thrift, although I was very tempted by some gorgeous Havilland bone dishes at Southern Thrift. Probably should have grabbed them, but they just did not grab me hard enough to want to take them home.
 
Now, my favorite indoor flea market had the majority of my great finds.
 
A Glasbake atomic star casserole dish. Already washed and in use. These always get a lot of use in my house, they come in handy for everything.
 

Pyrex covered dish, I have had my eye out for one of these for awhile, The price on this one was too good to pass up!


And finally, my favorite score of the weekend. These Fire King tulip cups.
 
Two dollars each. YES!!!
 
I love all of the Fire Kings cups and the tulips were one design that I have been looking for to add to my collection for some time now, but they are usually pretty pricy, even at the Nashville flea I was finding them for between 9.00 and 12.00. I about threw out my elbow reaching out to snatch these mint condition beauties off the shelf.
 

My daughter and I are both looking forward to eating churro's and drinking hot chai tea latte out of our new tulip cups tomorrow morning. We were hoping to take out churro's and chai tea outside to enjoy, but looking at the weather, I think we will be drinking our morning Chai in the living room under a blanket instead. Burrrrr, after two beautiful days, we are getting a Spring cold snap!
 
My daughter has had a wonderful birthday weekend. After hanging her crystal chandelier and finishing the final touches today, her room re-do is finally complete, and I am happy to report it is absolutely gorgeous and she loves it. Her Grandmother thoroughly spoiled us both with pedicures, and wonderful meals out. And her Grandmothers, Aunt and Great Aunts all spoiled her with Birthday cash so she has a pocket full of spending money to go shopping for Spring clothes. She is one very, very happy girl!
 
But after a fun, relaxing weekend, I am going to be back to hammering tomorrow. The first Farmisan of the year is officially on and I want to be ready in hopes of a great opening weekend!
 
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment