Wednesday, March 2, 2016

February Flea Market

First time for everything, I decided to hit the Nashville Flea Market in February.
 I usually don't bother this time of year, the weather usually sucks and there are not typically a ton of vendors. But the weather was so beautiful on Saturday and I thought it would be really nice to get outside for a walk, do a little junkin and visit with my flea market buddies.
 
Me and half of Nashville.
 
It was packed.
 
But we went early and were getting ready to leave as it was really filling up. It was almost as busy as it gets in November! The vendors that were there had  great weekend sales I am sure!
 
But I only walked away with a few things. Like the last few doilies I need to do my project!
 
 
 
Goal is to have the doily project completed this weekend.
 
And since I was obviously in a vintage doily mood, I grabbed this beautiful table cloth from one of my favorite vintage vendors. Same vendor that I bought my Enid Collins Box bag from, I have bought a lot from this vendor, she always has fun stuff and good prices.
 
 
I think it is vintage, not sure if it is handmade, nice and heavy but with a couple light stains that I think I can soak out. I love it, I think it will look great with both the Jadeite and with the honeysuckle dishes.

 
Perfect fit for my pallet table! Won't be long and it will be nice enough to eat outside again! As a matter of fact, it may be nice enough to eat outside this weekend!
 
Funny, a couple weeks ago at my indoor flea market I was all about the metal, this time I was all about the lace!
 
And I grabbed some more spoons for a class that I will be teaching at Creative Village!
 
 
I need more, but these will be cleaned up and hammered flat for purchase at class.
 
If you would like to learn how I hammer my flatware to create my herb markers and sentiment spoons and live in the greater Nashville area, stop by Creative Village on Saturday April 2nd at 1:00 and join the fun, it is going to be a loud class! Hope we don't drive any shoppers away!
 
This coming weekend will be a craft project weekend. I am going to work on my doily project and a new spoon project, I just hope it works out. Oh, and I need to finish decorating the bathroom now that we have it painted and the new vanity installed. Staining shelves and decorating is the fun part for me! I may not have time to go junking, but I am already looking forward to the weekend!
 
Happy Wednesday! Hope you are having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment