Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Mission Complete! Ok, I may have cheated a little.

I have been on a mission to complete the Fire King flower mug set ever since I found the Violet mug at my favorite indoor flea market, what? Two years ago?
 
Then within a few months of finding the violet, I found the Tulip mug at the Nashville flea market, two in the wild, not bad. Then for another year...nada. Nothing in the wild and even Ebay was too expensive. Then in the last six months or so. Success, not at the flea markets but yes on Ebay. I got two rose mugs for 9.99 no shipping cost, and finally, FINALLY I found the Daisy on Ebay, 4.99 + 3.00 shipping. The most expensive of the mugs so far, but I still feel like I got a good deal considering how much I am seeing them listed for online, and the fact that I very seldom see them in my flea market travels.
 
 
Watch, I will start finding them every time I turn around now.
 
But it feels really good to have the set complete, I may have had to "cheat" a little sometimes and bid Ebay instead of finding my vintage in the wild. But, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do I guess... Now, to move on to the half dozen other "sets" of misc stuff I have to collect.
 
Ahhhhh, it never ends....and I am not complaining. Viva la junk!
 
We had massive storms sweep through our area of Middle TN last night, I am a bit slap happy from lack of sleep today if that is not obvious.
 
 
But my peonies survived the hail storm, typhoon like winds and massive downpours, so I am relieved! Tired, but relieved.
 
Hope you are having a great week, and keeping safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment